Claussen Hall - Building 216 at Fort Riley U.S. Army Base

Project Details

Delivery Method

Design-Build

Architect

bnb design

Owner

U. S. Army Corps of Engineers [USACE]/Fort Riley U.S. Army Base

Completion Date

2011

Location

Fort Riley, Kansas

Size

30,000 sq. ft.

The structure, known as Building 216, constructed in the early 1900’s was originally a cavalry guard house and was eventually repurposed into the post’s disciplinary barracks.  In 2011, the building was converted into courtrooms, holding cell, and associated support spaces for the Judge Advocate General [JAG].

  • The USACE validated the LEED Silver Certification.
  • In 2012, the project was awarded the "Preservation Stewardship Award for Excellence for Rehabilitation" by the Kansas Preservation Alliance.